Participation in the Hats Off Day Street Party is an excellent method for businesses to obtain exposure and promote themselves to the 50,000 visitors attending this exciting annual event. To keep our very local, neighbourhood atmosphere and purpose of the festival, Hats Off Day does not accept outside vendors or non-Burnaby not-for-profit societies. Please click on the buttons below to learn about specific eligibility criteria for the different parts of the Festival.
Burnaby Heights Merchant
Get ready to take your business to the next level with Hats Off Day! By informing the HMA of your plans to participate, your business name, location, and activities can be promoted through various outlets, including the Hats Off Day Event Program, the Burnaby Now newspaper, and the HMA’s website and social media accounts.
The Merchant Information Package has been sent to every merchant in the Heights! It has all the details you need to make a significant impact, from food permits to adopt-a-performer grants, cross-promotions and collaborations, and barricade passes. Don’t wait – fill out the application form in your package and prepare to make a splash at this year’s Hats Off Day!
If you’re planning to offer food to the public as part of your Hats Off Day, please apply for a food permit by May 3, 2023
Hats Off Day has something for everyone! Non-merchant groups are presented in the Community Display Zone during Hats Off Day.
Those eligible to be in the Hats Off Day Community Display Zone are:
- Burnaby-based and Burnaby-centric non-profit associations (Burnaby Heights and North Burnaby-based will receive priority)
- School or Preschool Groups (Burnaby Heights and North Burnaby schools will receive priority).
- Burnaby Heights community’s places of worship.
- Community Partners (Burnaby-based)
- The offices of elected officials representing the Burnaby Heights ridings of Burnaby North-Seymour and North Burnaby.
- Riding associations for the Elections BC and Elections Canada ridings of Burnaby North-Seymour and North Burnaby. (Please note, we request that political groups refrain from campaigning.)
- Not-for-profit societies representing cultural or ethnic groups that can be found in North Burnaby (these societies may be based outside of Burnaby and still be eligible to participate, provided there is available space).
Sign up and connect with your local community!
Contact The Festival
Hats Off Day is produced by the Heights Merchants Association. The Heights Merchants Association is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that works to foster the economic development of the Heights business district in cooperation with the community. They organize this special festival as a way to unite the community, celebrate what we have together, and give back.
Please get in touch by email for any of the following:
Display Information at the Urban Renewal Site – email@example.com (Please note, due to keeping the spirit of Hats Off Day truly local, we regret we cannot include non-Burnaby organizations. Visit the Displays page for eligibility information.)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note, due to keeping the spirit of Hats Off Day truly local, and because the event is hosted and paid for by Burnaby Heights merchants as a customer appreciation day, we regret we cannot include vendors from outside the area.)
For all other inquiries, please fill out the form below.