Show & Shine
Join us for the 18th Annual Hats Off Day Show & Shine on Saturday, June 1, 2019. Enter your classic or custom vehicle, truck, or motorcycle into Hats Off Day’s most popular attraction. With approximately 50,000 visitors, our Show & Shine always draws a crowd, and we’d love to see your vehicle or motorcycle be a part of it.
To reserve your space in advance for our Show, please complete and submit the attached entry form, along with your entry fee, either in-person at the Heights Merchants Association Office (4019 Hastings Street, Burnaby, BC V5C 2J1) or by mail to the same address by Friday, May 24, 2019.
Registration is also available on the day of Hats Off Day at Alpha Secondary School *new location* (see Registration Information below).
Important Information and Guidelines
- Hats Off Day is a fun-filled event that takes place every year (rain or shine).
- The Show & Shine takes place on Hastings Street between Willingdon and Gamma Avenues. Please note the Driving Directions and Registration Information below.
- Registration is $20 for vehicles and $10 for motorcycles, with proceeds donated to Burnaby Community Services.
- Hats Off Day festivities will continue until 4:00 p.m.
- Vehicle owners MUST return to their cars at 3:30 p.m. to be led off Hastings at 4:00 p.m. or risk being ticketed and towed, as per Burnaby RCMP.
- Commercial advertising is not permitted around vehicles. Sponsor decals and vehicle information signs are permitted. Vendors are not permitted, as this is a Heights Merchants sponsored event.
Driving Directions and Registration Information
- Hastings Street will be closed off from Boundary Road to Holdom Street, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Registration and assembly will be at a *new location – Alpha Secondary School parking lot.
- A volunteer will direct you to the assembly area for Show and Shine vehicles.
- Once parked, sign-in at the registration table in the parking lot of Alpha Secondary School from 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Please advise the Show & Shine Coordinator if you are also entering your vehicle in the parade.