The Community Zone of Hats Off Day showcases Burnaby non-profits.
The Community Zone of Hats Off Day is a chance for Burnaby non-profits to be showcased at the Urban Renewal Site and get involved in all the exciting festivities at Hats Off Day.
Application is now open!
2018 Non-Profit Displays included:
1. Greyhaven Exotic Bird Sanctuary
2. SFU Camps
3. Janet Routledge, MLA
4. Burnaby North Seymour Conservative Association
5. Fraser Works Co-op
6. Burnaby New West Ringette
7. Dixon Transition Society
8. Girl Guides of Canada – Burnaby North District
9. Burnaby North Seymour Green Party Association
10. Strive Living Society
11. Burnaby International Folk Dancers
12. Lookout Housing and Health Society
13. Burnaby North Baptist Church
14. Volunteer Burnaby
15. Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion (BACI)
16. Burnaby BC SPCA
17. Burnaby Continuing Education
18. S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Immigrant Settlement & Integration Program
Community Groups at Alpha and Hastings:
- McGill Public Library
- Eilleen Dailly Pool
- Confederation Seniors Association
Political parties at Hats Off Day
Political associations representing any and all political parties or political causes must respect the spirit of Hats Off Day being a non-partisan and non-political event, and hosted by the Heights Merchants Association (HMA), which is a non-partisan association.
The spirit of Hats Off Day is that it is a community and customer appreciation day, a day to give back to the community, not to take from our public. Political groups can honour this spirit by not campaigning on this day, and by organizing something creative and fun for the community to experience using that year’s “theme”. Communication materials are permitted to be available at the location of your table, but may not be distributed by walking around.
Politicians at Hats Off Day
Political parties sometimes ask if their party leader may attend Hats Off Day. We welcome all Burnaby elected officials to be in the parade. In addition, leaders of political parties that have official party status in the House of Commons or in the BC Legislature, are also welcome to walk in the Parade. We ask that these politicians all respect the spirit of Hats Off Day and use the opportunity to enjoy being part of the Burnaby community, but not campaign using party logos, slogans, or distributing materials.