How to Get to Hats Off Day 2018
SATURDAY JUNE 2, 2018
On Hats Off Day, Hastings Street is closed to traffic from Gamma Avenue to Boundary Road from 8:30 to 5 p.m. Be sure to plan your route accordingly that day with the parking and road restrictions below.
Hats Off Day is located on Hastings Street between Boundary Road and Gamma Avenue in Burnaby. It is situated 15 minutes east of Downtown Vancouver along Hastings Street.
From the Fraser Valley or the North Shore, it is possible to access Hastings Street from Highway 1, exiting at the Hastings Street Exit from either direction.
From Port Moody, Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam areas, use Barnet Highway, which takes you around Burnaby Mountain to Hastings Street.
There is free parking along the streets north and south of Hastings Street. It is first-come, first-served, so be sure to arrive early. View parking map here.
Handicapped Parking and Drop-Off
Handicapped parking will be on the North and South sides on Carleton and at City parking lot at Alpha and Pender. Handicapped drop-off/pick-up is indicated with the white icon on the map at Alpha and Madison Avenues on the North side of Pender.
Buses that run regularly through the Heights along Hastings Street will be rerouted to Pender Avenue:
|C1||Hastings at Gilmore Ave/Kootenay Loop (Heights community shuttle bus)|
|C2||Capitol Hill/Hastings at Gilmore Ave (Heights and Capitol Hill community shuttle bus)|
|95||B-Line Express between SFU and Burrard Station (Downtown). Limited stops on Hastings.|
|129||Metrotown Station/Edmonds Station (along Hastings from Gilmore to Holdom)|
|130||Metrotown/Hastings/Kootenay Loop* (note, this route also connects to Capilano University between September and April)|
|160||Kootenay Loop/Port Coquitlam Station (via Barnet Hwy, Port Moody, Coquitlam)|
|N35||SFU/Downtown Night Bus. Stops at all local stops.|
For detailed information, route maps and schedules visit www.translink.ca or call 604-953-3333.
There are bike racks on every block in the Heights. For detailed information on bike routes in Burnaby, please view the City of Burnaby Bike Map.
Hats Off Day – Road Closures and Parking Restrictions Map
No Parking – 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Parade Assembly Area
- Beta – Both sides (Hastings to Confed. Park)
- Albert – Both sides (Willingdon to Gamma)
No Parking – 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- City parking lot Pender at Willingdon
- City parking lot at the south east corner of Albert and Carleton (RCMP parking only)
No Stopping – 7 a.m. to 5.p.m.
- Hastings – both sides (Boundary to Gamma)
- Pender – both sides (Boundary to Gamma)
- Holdom – east side (Hastings to Frances)
- Gamma – both sides (Albert to Parker)
- Parker – south side (west of 4764 to east of 4820 Parker)
- Both sides of the following streets between Albert and Pender
- Carleton – both sides (Albert to lane way south of Hastings)
- Beta – both sides (Hastings to Pender)
South side of the following streets:
- Dundas between Boundary and Willingdon
- Triumph between Boundary and Esmond
- Triumph between Ingleton and Gilmore
- Triumph between Carelton and Rosser
- Pandora between Boundary and Madison
- Pandora between Rosser and Willingdon
- Frances between Esmond and MacDonald
- Frances between Gilmore and Gamma
- Georgia between Boundary and Gamma
- Union between Boundary and Willingdon
- Venables between Gilmore to Willingdon NEW
North side of the following streets:
- Triumph between Gilmore and Carleton
- Pandora between Rosser and Madison
East side of the following streets:
- Boundary between (Hastings to Albert)
- MacDonald (Albert to lane way to the north) (for Transit)
Handicapped Parking Only – 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Carleton – both sides (Pender to lane way to the north)
- City parking lot at Alpha and Pender
No Parking – 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Parade Dispersal Area
- Albert – both sides (Boundary to Ingleton)
Handicapped Drop Off and Pick Up – 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- North side Pender at Alpha – 40 foot zone and 4’ x 4’ signs
- North side Pender at Madison – 40 foot zone and 4’ x 4’ signs