Hats Off Day is a community-driven event featuring the best that the Burnaby Heights had to offer.
Burnaby’s biggest and favourite festival is planned and driven by volunteers, community groups, the Heights Merchants Association BIA (a non-profit organization), and its members.
Now in its 36th year, Hats Off Day has been voted “Best Festival in Burnaby” every year since 2005, and today attracts more than 50,000 visitors annually from across the lower mainland.
FAMILY FUN DASH — 10:00 A.M.
Presented by the Heights Merchants Association, Parkland, and Custom Mortgage, this 550 metre kids race kicks off Hats Off Day at 10:00 a.m. and celebrates health, wellness, families, and fun in Burnaby! This is a fundraiser for the Burnaby Firefighters Charitable Society.
THE PARADE — CANCELLED
COMMUNITY ZONE — 10:30 A.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Visit Burnaby’s non-profit societies serving you and your community, from Ingleton to Esmond Avenue.
THE STREET PARTY — 10:30 A.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Hang on to your hats for one of the biggest, most popular community festivals in the region. Spanning from Gamma Avenue to Boundary Road, Hastings Street is shut down to traffic, but open to excitement, live music and entertainment, kids activities, yummy treats, and much more!
SHOW & SHINE CAR SHOW — 10:30 A.M. TO 3:30 P.M.
Check out the Show & Shine with classic and custom vehicles, trucks, and motorcycles lined up along Hastings from Gamma to Willingdon Avenues.
Parking Map and Road Restrictions
PARKING RESTRICTIONS – HATS OFF DAY – SATURDAY JUNE 18, 2022
(in order of importance for enforcement)
No Parking-7am to 5pm
- City parking lot Pender @ Willingdon
- City parking lot at the s.e. corner of Albert & Carleton (RCMP parking only)
No Stopping- 7am -5pm
- Hastings-both sides (Boundary – Gamma)
- Pender-both sides (Boundary – Gamma)
- Holdom-east side (Hastings – Frances)
- Gamma-both sides (Albert – Parker)
- Parker-south side (west pl of 4764 to east pl of 4820 Parker)
- Both sides of the following streets between Albert & Pender
- Carleton-both sides (Albert to lane way south of Hastings)
- Beta-both sides (Hastings – Pender)
- Dundas – south side between Boundary & Willingdon
- Triumph – south side between Boundary & Esmond
- South side between Ingleton & Gilmore
- South side between Carleton & Rosser
- North side between Gilmore & Carleton
- Pandora – south side between Boundary & Ingleton
- South side Macdonald & Madison
- South side Rosser & Willingdon
- North side between Ingleton & Macdonald
- North side between Rosser & Madison
- Pender – south side between Gamma and east end of cul-de-sac
- Frances – south side between Esmond & Macdonald
- South side between Gilmore & Gamma
- Georgia – south side between Boundary & Gamma
- Union – south side between Boundary & Gamma
- Venables – south side between Gilmore – Willingdon
- Boundary – east side (Hastings – Albert)
- MacDonald – east side (Albert to lane way to the north) (for Transit)
Handicapped Parking Only- 7am – 5pm
- Carleton-both sides (Pender to lane way to the north)
- City parking lot at Alpha & Pender
Handicapped Drop Off & Pick Up- 7am to 5pm
- North side Pender @ Alpha – 40 foot zone & 4’ x 4’ signs
- North side Pender @ Madison – 40 foot zone & 4’ x 4’ signs